Are you excited by the opportunity to create amazing content that engages and celebrates our 38,000 strong community of students at Manchester Met?
Working within an inclusive, empowering and aspirational culture, you’ll help to create and share content and communications that represent and reflect a wide range of student voices.
Who are we?
Located in the heart of Manchester, The Union is part business, part charity, part membership body. Operating independently from Manchester Metropolitan University, our aim is to support and represent each one of our student members. Each year our growing team of over 70 full-time and up to 150 part-time staff work alongside elected student leaders to make change, improve lives and help fulfil student potential.
Winner of the NUS Campaigning Award 2017, The Union is one of 550 students’ unions across the country. And we’re one of the most exciting - with over 38,000 student members and 150 student groups, a huge range of services and a bold strategy.
What’s the job?
Working with our Marketing and Communications team to deliver a whole range of projects and campaigns that have a positive impact on our students, staff and stakeholders.
• You’ll work with teams and departments across The Union to develop creative, appropriate and effective marketing campaigns and activities to meet our goals.
• You’ll play a key role in our staff engagement activity, including supporting staff development days and delivering a tailored programme of communications.
What are we looking for?
• Excellent organisation skills and an eye for detail when working on projects, campaigns and written content.
• Awesome skills in creating content for blogs, videos, social media, email, web and print. You will be able to come up with ideas for stories and then execute them effectively.
• Someone who can build relationships and work successfully with people at all levels. With excellent interpersonal skills, you will have the ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders with different needs.
There has never been a better time to work for The Union. Based just off Oxford Road in the centre of vibrant Manchester, The Union will train you thoroughly, reward you well and encourage you to build a long-term career that inspires you.
The exact opposite of corporate, we’re progressive, creative individuals working to make a difference in unconventional workplaces. In return for your passion and experience, we offer the flexibility for work-life balance, a competitive salary for the non-profit sector and excellent holiday allowance. We’re absolutely open to considering requests for job-share or part-time working.
We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status.
We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments and are actively looking for people who share our values.
Apply now at: https://www.theunionmmu.org/about-us/jobs
Closing date: 9.00am on Monday 3 June 2019.
If you’re successfully shortlisted, we’ll see you at an interview on Tuesday 11 June 2019.
Work somewhere professional, but different. Build a career with students’ unions.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on LGBT Media requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org