Field Applications Scientist - Ireland
As the primary technical field contact for your customers, you will help broker strong relationships with your customers by looking after new installations and providing extensive customer training. You will also deliver logistical and troubleshooting support, as well as provide data analysis to ensure maximum utilisation of Illumina systems.
Your customers are at the forefront of genetics and NGS (Next Generation Sequencing), helping to deliver advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Your new colleagues are all deeply passionate about what they do, knowing that their work has the power to improve lives.
If you want to push boundaries and join a culture fuelled by innovation, collaboration and openness. If you want a brilliant, fast-paced, mission-driven environment, then Illumina is the place for you.
Responsibilities will include:
· Coordinating new installations, including facility inspections, instrument validation, and customer training
· Review and approve operational quality of equipment, and instruct customers in operations and maintenance of systems
· Troubleshooting issues related to user's technical skills, biochemistry/assay design, experimental design, software and instruments
· Interpreting customer needs and identifying if the responsibility for a problem resolution falls to sales personnel, engineering, or other company personnel
· Developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers in assigned territory
· Helping to maintain and increase product usage, supporting key account and strategic sales efforts through technical presentations and demonstrations
· Assisting sales and marketing on new strategic sales initiatives requiring both technical depth and market knowledge
· Providing strategic and competitive feedback to Marketing and product development teams, and independently leads or manages beta tests at customer sites
· Mentoring and training other members of the applications team
· Developing and improving key company processes that support our mission of building a world-class customer support organization
· Elevation process management as a FAS you are responsible for elevating application issues with customers instruments, customer issues and any kit issues
Preferred background, skills and experience:
· PhD or MSc (or equivalent) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Genetics
· Clinical focus with RGH or NIPT experience is highly advantageous
· previous biotech experience preferred
· Must be willing to travel up to 50%
· Prior field experience supporting customers in a highly technical field is advantageous
· Recognised technical expertise in at least one microarray, sequencing or diagnostic discipline
· Demonstrable ability to independently work on highly complex problems requiring analysis of multiple variables
· Use independent judgment in developing methods, techniques or evaluation criteria for obtaining results
· Demonstrated written and verbal communication and training skills
· Experience using Genotyping and Sequencing technologies is highly desirable
· Demonstrated understanding of commonly-used Genotyping data analysis software applications and/or Bioinformatics tools and programs preferred
· Demonstrated experience with instrumentation such as liquid handling robotics and optical scanners preferred
· Demonstrable superior problem solving and interpersonal and account management skills within a commercial environment
· Clear vision of, and commitment to, providing outstanding customer service
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on LGBT Media requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org