The Port of Tyne, the largest UK trust port, is an independent statutory body governed by its own, unique, local legislation and controlled by an independent Board of Directors. Its primary duty is to manage, maintain, develop and improve the Port for the benefit of all its stakeholders.
Two non-executive directors are required to join the Board for an initial 3-year term. We are seeking candidates who must be able to demonstrate an understanding and experience of:
• business and commercial imperatives
• the Port’s interaction with stakeholders; local, regional and national and its significance in the community
• working at Board level or equivalent
• partnership working; joint ventures and project development.
In addition, it would be desirable for candidates to demonstrate one or more of the following areas of skills and experience:
• a strong operational finance background, ideally a qualified and experienced
professional accountant experienced in a business to business engineering, logistics
or service environment, or
• logistics/supply chain modernisation through digital and process innovation, or
• building and structuring commercial partnerships and projects.
Remuneration for this position is £14,857 for 14 days per annum. This is a public appointment made by the Secretary of State for Transport with a three year tenure and the potential for renewal.
To apply and for further details please visit www.gatenbysanderson.com/job/GSe54668.
For a confidential discussion, please contact our advising consultants
Katrina Paget or Olivia Robinson on 0113 205 6298
Closing date: 5pm on Friday 13 September
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on LGBT Media requesting bank account details please email email@example.com