Salisbury, South West, SP4 0JQ
About the job
The Security Advisor for CBR Assurance is accountable to the Dstl Principal Security Advisor for the assurance of specified CBR assets which are subject to specific internal control measures. This role is in the Enterprise Security capability and conducts both rolling planned and random targeted assurance activities across the Dstl enterprise. This role provides specialist security assurance in order to underpin Dstl’s Licence to Operate to regulated standards for the effective control of CBR assets. Additionally, this role will provide a focus to manage specialist security advice relating to the security.
Take responsibility for the effective delivery of the following range of service lines relating to Dstl Security service:
Ownership and management of Dstl Security audit plan for specified CBR materials.
Conducting Line 2 assurance checks across specified Dstl CBR materials covering the following through-life management control areas:
- Acquisition and accounting controls.
- Access control measures.
- Storage and transportation/transit/movement controls.
- Decommissioning/disposal controls.
- Risk management controls.
- Incident reporting/management controls.
- CNI protective measures.
- Policy, Planning and RED Team Analysis/Exercising activities.
Facilitating Line 3 assurance activities with authorised Line 3 Assurance Authorities.
Supporting investigations where necessary into CBR related incidents.
Liaison with MoD DSR CBR Policy lead and MoD ACTO Assurance Team.
Provision of specialist advice in relation to security related CBR regulations and requirements.
Monitoring and tracking of CBR risks for Dstl DOR/SSRC.
Support to Dstl Site Operations Manager for assurance of CBR materials and CNI facilities.
Providing specialist security advice and support to Dstl RED Team activities
Providing assurance of Resilience planning for CNI and CBR incident response plans for Dstl COO/DOR.
Within this role you will be providing a vital element of assurance that supports Dstl’s broader Governance activities in a key area of licence to operate. You will be required to operate at the enterprise level across all business areas and apply effective judgement across a range of controls areas. You will actively engage with a wide range of stakeholders providing, specialist security advice and guidance accordingly.
Focused and disciplined with proven communication skills, essential attributes include:
• A strong desire to deliver and assure a secure, safe and resilient working environment for Defence Science and Technology;
• Skills and capabilities drawn from a previous experience in a security or resilience related role across the Defence, security or Industry employment spectrum.
• Knowledge and understanding of HMG/MOD Security requirements/regulations.
• Experience with the conduct of assessments and delivery of advice in the context of a compliance or quality controlled service.
• The ability to deliver specialist risk-balanced advice and guidance to support Dstl operations and assurance activities.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Managing a Quality Service
Making Effective Decisions
Changing and Improving
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
Ability to demonstrate the application of technical knowledge and skills covering the Essential Skills aspects detailed in the Role Profile.
We'll provide a great range of benefits including;
• Flexible working
• Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid, and paternity leave of 2 weeks full pay
• Chartership and accreditation support
• Generous annual leave
• A competitive salary
• Excellent learning and development
• Onsite gyms and restaurants
• Staff discounts for high street and online shopping, restaurants and days out.
For further information about Dstl please check out our LinkedIn page
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is developed vetting.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours, Experience and Technical skills.
Behavioural and technical interview.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Open to UK nationals only.
This job is not open to candidates who hold a dual nationality.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants
Name : Debbie Corbett
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to raise a formal complaint about the Dstl recruitment process you should email email@example.com stating the nature of the issue. We will respond within 5 working days.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on LGBT Media requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org