Assistant Production Manager
Coventry has won the bid to be UK City of Culture 2021.
The Belgrade Theatre in partnership with City of Culture will be delivering a major project as part of the City wide celebrations.
It’s an exciting time to join the team!
The Belgrade Theatre Coventry is looking to appoint an Assistant Production Manager.
This new post is an exciting opportunity for someone to step up into production management in a busy producing theatre in the lead up to and delivery of Coventry City of Culture 2021.
Reporting to the Director of Production, the Assistant Production Manager will take on specific responsibilities, whilst developing new skills and expertise that will position them for a senior role in the future. The salary range for the role demonstrates our openness to appoint a less experienced candidate who demonstrates the potential to grow into a more senior role; or to appoint a candidate already with some relevant experience and ready to “scale up”
The Production Department’s responsibilities are wide ranging and oversees the physical production and staging of all the Belgrade productions, co-productions, the staging of all Visiting Company productions, the Theatre’s commercial set building business Belgrade Production Services and oversees the Theatre’s building and maintenance programme.
This role supports the Director of Production in ensuring the production department is an effective hub which delivers on home produced productions and projects and to the highest of creative standards within a building that is fit for purpose.
Person Specification Essential
• Demonstrable experience of working in a Theatre or in a Theatre Company, or having recently qualified in a substantial training course for production management
• Demonstrable key skills in a specific area e.g. Scenic Construction, Stage Lighting, production management etc.
• Budget creation, management and reporting
• Experience of working with artists and participants
• Wanting to work in a large producing regional theatre
• Innovative problem solving
• Ability to multi-task and still retain attention to detail in context of a demanding workload
• Aptitude for paying attention to and applying Health & Safety regulations
• Aptitude for learning computer drafting skills such as AutoCAD
• Good communication and IT skills
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required
• A reasonable level of fitness and mobility is required because of the physical nature of the post.
• Demonstrable practical professional experience production managing professional theatre and events (preferably with a relevant theatre qualification)
• Good all-round knowledge in Stage Craft
• Knowledge of current relevant Health & Safety legislation including CDM regulations 2015 and practices will be required H&S qualifications and application to theatre production process
• Experience of being a HoD and/or a Technical Manager in a middle to large scale venue or theatre company
• Full Driving Licence
For more information and to apply visit the website www.belgrade.co.uk/jobs where you can download a full job pack and application form.
Deadline for Applications: Mon 30 Sept, 5pm Interviews: w/c 7 Oct
Start Date: 6 Jan 2020
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 gross pa depending on experience
The Belgrade Theatre strives to be an equal opportunities employer.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on LGBT Media requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org