Posting Date: 8th February 2018
Hollyoaks are looking for a highly creative Producer to lead their editorial team. A proven track-record in continuing drama, scripts and story is essential, coupled with a thorough knowledge of production.
Working in a three-week rotation with two other Producers, the successful candidate will be responsible for five-episode blocks, overseeing all stages of the editorial and production process from scene breakdowns through to rough-cut viewings. A creative approach to problem-solving, coupled with excellent interpersonal skills is essential.
- Leading the editorial and production teams to ensure both scripts and completed episodes are delivered on schedule and to the highest standard possible, the role holder will be responsible for:
- Attending story conferences and commissioning meetings with the editorial team and writers, contributing ideas and developing stories.
- Attending commissioning and script meetings, providing notes and feedback at each stage of the draft process in conjunction with the series producers and script editors.
- Keeping the editorial schedule on track and ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Providing support to the script editors as their first port of call for any script queries they need to refer up the chain.
- Liaising with the scheduling and production teams to deliver episodes that fit the schedule.
- Keeping abreast of research, legal and compliance issues and liaising with the relevant departments to ensure they’re implemented in the scripts.
- Keeping on top of continuity from block to block.
- Briefing directors on content, continuity, tone and performance.
- Dealing with ongoing script-management, timings and shoot queries throughout the production period and providing ad-hoc director support.
- Attending rough-cut viewings, liaising with the edit producer and production regarding additional requirements, such as pick-up shots or ADR.
- Mentoring across the editorial team, including sourcing new writers, reading and providing feedback on trial scripts.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• A thorough knowledge of production, script and story processes, possessing significant experience working as a script editor or story editor on a serial drama.
• The ability to lead editorial meetings and deliver script notes with creative solutions whilst adhering to agreed production parameters.
• The ability to brief directors and production teams on the editorial vision of the block.
• The ability to work with editors and deliver picture notes on rough cut viewings.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, having the ability to form relationships across the production.
• Excellent communication skills.
• The ability to lead a team.
• The ability to be flexible and proactive to meet strict deadlines.
• The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-moving, demanding environment.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
• A keen eye for detail.
• The ability to motivate and mentor people.
Contract: 6 month Fixed Term
A full copy of the job description is available on request.
Interested applicants should apply by sending a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th March 2018.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on LGBT Media requesting bank account details please email email@example.com